Webb Council Brief
Monarch organization representatives convened in the Cape Charles Room Thursday and discussed the following:
- Signs with instructions on how to properly wash your hands have been ordered and will be placed in all the bathrooms within Webb Center.
- Buying tampon machines for the women’s bathrooms in Webb Center are being looked into. Test machines have been ordered and will most likely be installed over spring break.
- Student organizations can now request event space in both Café 1201 and Broderick Dining Commons after operation hours, as well as the weekends. Requests can be filled on LSI’s online event scheduler.
- Student Organizations can now request that Purell hand sanitizers be placed in their offices.
- Monarch Dining has teamed up with the university dietitian for National Nutrition month, which is March. There will be multiple events to help promote ways students can lead a healthy lifestyle.
- The SGA has requested that the Board of Visitors room within Webb Center, which has since been relocated to Broderick Dining Commons, be converted into the new, official, Student Senate Chambers. Multiple organizations were concerned that the room would strictly be for the SGA, so Webb Council will be discussing the details of converting the room in their next meeting. The room will feature portraits of past SGA presidents and executive board members.
For any student organization interested in attending a Webb Council meeting, there will be two more meetings during the Spring 2017 semester: March 30 and April 20. Both are to take place in the Cape Charles Room from 12:30-1:30 p.m.