Mace & Crown Now Accepting Applications for Editor-in-Chief
Adam Flores | Editor-in-Chief
The Mace & Crown is now accepting applications for the position of editor-in-chief for the Fall 2017 semester. Applicants can submit a résumé to: firstname.lastname@example.org
The Mace & Crown will be published in a monthly magazine format beginning September 2017. Its focus will be on student life and culture with feature stories and articles on social issues, music and arts, student, staff and faculty profiles, fashion, creative writing, satire, food, tech, and much more.
The journalism / breaking news component of The Mace & Crown will still be a vital part of our daily newsroom operations and will publish directly to our website.
The position of EiC is responsible for the overall operations of the newsroom and organization. Duties may include, but are not limited to:
- Serving as liaison to the contracted publishing company, organizations, and offices on campus
- Serve as the official representative of the organization to administrators
- Overseeing production of the publications – taking responsibility for all content and accuracy
- As requested by Editorial Board members, file FOIA requests with the Office of Community Engagement
- Prior to sending, giving the print edition a final review and approval, looking for mistakes, errors and technical problems
- Laying out and editing of the Op-Ed / Creative Enclave sections
- Leading staff and Editorial Board meetings
- Coordinating with Advertising and Business Manager to submit budget for approval and present yearly budget to Editorial Board
- Being present at all production meetings
- Responsible for ordering office supplies when they run out
- Responsible for booking university space (as needed) through the space reservation system
- Ensure all Editorial Board members are completing four (4) weekly office hours
- Ensuring all Editorial Board members are working to recruit new members, for a minimum of four (4) hours per month
Application deadline is noon on Wednesday, March 29, 2017. Interviews will be conducted on Thursday, March 30 starting at 12:30 p.m., Mace & Crown newsroom, which is located in Webb University Center, office #1051.